Full Time Librarian
The Town of Fort Macleod is currently seeking to fill a full time Librarian term position, up to 10 months, to cover a temporary leave. Our ideal candidate is a detail oriented, organized and customer service focused professional who has previous Library experience. Exceptional communication and time management skills and the ability to interface with both employees and community members will assist the candidate in being successful within the organization.
Reporting to the Head Librarian this position will be responsible for assisting the Head Librarian in ensuring the efficient operation of the library and the provision of quality services and programs.
Key roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the daily operations of the Library.
• Assist in overseeing all areas of the collection including development and ordering.
• Process materials and material maintenance.
• Manage VDX (Interlibrary loan) items.
• Assist in computer network and library software management.
• Provide support and training for casual staff & volunteers on new procedures and safety.
• Provide patrons with support and information for all library resources, functions and programs.
• The position requires a very high level of tolerance and diplomacy; exemplary skills in public relations are essential.
• Create and maintain displays and seasonal decorations.
• Be knowledgeable about Town services.
• Attend Board Meetings and committees as a non-voting resource, when required.
• Circulations desk duties, including the charge and discharge of circulating materials and patron registration, also preparation of materials for transport by Chinook Arch Regional Library System.
• And other duties as assigned.
This position is located in a busy, open public space. The person in this position will work directly with employees, volunteers and members of the public in person and on the phone regularly. This position involves diplomatic interactions with both patrons and other library staff and may also require the incumbent to work irregular and/or extended hours.
Education and Experience
Preference will be given to those who have successfully completed and obtained a Library Technician Diploma from an accredited postsecondary institution and have previous experience working in a Library setting.
Rate of Pay: Current CUPE rate is $20.22 per hour.
Hours of Work: The standard hours of work for Library Employees are 7 hours per day or 35 hours per week
We invite you to submit a resume and detailed cover letter highlighting how your skills & experience meet our requirements no later than 4:30 pm of the closing date as noted below.
Closing Date: Friday May 4, 2018
TO: Town of Fort Macleod
ATTN: Liisa Gillingham
PO Box 1420
236 23rd Street
Fort Macleod, AB T0L 0Z0
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.